Important VISA® Debit Card Usage Tips
- With a credit union VISA® Debit card, the maximum Point of Sale (POS) or purchase transaction limit is $ 1,500.00 per day
- The maximum amount of cash you can receive at an ATM machine is $ 500.00 per day with debit card cash transaction
- You must have the funds available in your account to withdraw up to the maximum daily limit Please note: Other transactions that have not posted to your account will reduce the amount available for daily activity using your VISA® debit card during any 24 hour period.
- It is a good idea to keep accurate records of your debit card transactions and to monitor your account activity. Our credit union smart phone apps allow you to obtain immediate information on your account. You can view recent postings to your account throughout the day and make transfers from savings to checking accounts.
- The Personal Identification Number that accompanies your DEBIT card account is the computer generated pin/number/secret code to your account. Please be sure to keep your personal identification number (PIN) safe. The credit union does not keep a record of your actual PIN; it is your responsibility to remember it.
In order to change your Personal Identification Number (PIN), call 800.503.9249*
*Note: to change your PIN, you must have the reference number that was mailed with your debit card.
- Please use your VISA® DEBIT card responsibly. Do not authorize or allow others to use your debit card. By giving others your card to use, you are authorizing access to your account(s).
Our FedStar VISA debit card is the perfect everyday card! The only card you’ll ever need, it’s easy to use and accepted everywhere VISA is. As a debit card, it’s linked to your FedStar checking, which means each time you use the card, the money automatically deducts from your account. Use either your secure PIN (personal identification number) for transactions, or sign for signature-based (credit) transactions that act like a credit card.
A valuable tool for managing your FedStar Checking Account, our VISA Debit Card is:
- Secure: you’re automatically protected by VISA’s Zero Liability Policy (for details click here)
- Safe: no need to carry around large amounts of cash
- Convenient: it’s accepted everywhere VISA is
- Free: no monthly fees or usage fees
- Easy: each transaction appears on your FedStar Checking Account statement for easy tracking
If you have a FedStar Checking Account, and want to request a VISA Debit Card, complete our secure Services Request Form.